Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kirankumaradv (n/a)     15 September 2007

Internation Driving Permit

[align=justify]

Find below the information regarding International Driving Permits (IDP).

Can an NRI or foreigner drive a vehicle in India on the basis of European license or driving license issued by any foreign country?

He can not. However if he has obtained an IDP from his own country and his country is a signatory to the 1949 Geneva Convention he can drive in India the specified category of vehicle till the IDP is valid.
[/align]What is the validity of IDP issued in India?

The validity of IDP is one year from the date of its issue or the validity of the domestic license whichever is earlier

Can IDP be issued to an NRI/foreigner?

No IDP in India can be issued only to Indian citizens

[align=justify]
 [/align]

Learning

7 Replies

Shaji Joseph (Lawyer)     15 September 2007

Great Information. I never knew these information.

I also want to know about iner state transfer of vehicles.

[user=16]Shaji Joseph[/user] wrote: "I also want to know about inter state transfer of vehicles."
Sorry, I will post this as a new topic in civil law category

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     15 September 2007

Useful Information Mr.K.K

Shambasiv (n/a)     16 September 2007

More on the subject log on to [url=https://www.carsindia.co.nr]www.carsindia.co.nr[/url]

Shambasiv (n/a)     17 September 2007

Can we not take an international driving license in a foreing country?

swetha1983 (n/a)     13 January 2008

International Driving Licence International driving licenses are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving license :-
[list]Valid driving licence issued.[/*]attested copy of address proof.[/*]attested copy of Birth certificate[/*]Valid passport[/*]Valid Visa[/*]Fee of Rs. 500/-[/*]Two passport size photograph.[/*][/list][img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register