Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak   08 March 2018

Property issue between two brothers

Sir's/Mam,

I as well as my brother are married,my brother has left his wife due to their personel reason and both are living seprate.Brother 2 daughter are living with my father and 1 son with his wife.They did love marriage and now my brother is involved with some other women .Till now they both didnt tooked divorce just living seprate from 3 years.

Issue is that a property of land was bought in my mother name as well as construction was done.In this purchase and construction I spent more than 50% money.Due to such attitude and behavior of my brother my mother and father wants to write(Will) the property in my name .Can it be challanged by my brother,her wife of his son later.

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 March 2018

You say that the property (land) is in the name of your mother.

You also say that you have spent more than 50% of money in constructing a house on the land.  (It is not clear who contributed the remaining amount)

In any case, if your mother so wishes, she can write a Registered WILL (please remember this will can always be changed by another will by your mother at any time) in your favour.  NOBODY (whether it is your brother, or his wife or his children) will be able to object to the same.

Please remember, that the WILL will come into effect only after the life time of your mother.

Deepak   09 March 2018

Mr.Ramachandra,the remaining amount was spent by my father.Not a single penny was spent by my brother

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     09 March 2018

OK. In that case my answer above stands.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register