LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sneha   18 February 2018

Marriage

Under the Hindu marriage Act, you cannot marry to your mother's brother's son as it comes under the category of PROHIBITED RELATIONSHIP. Is there any way which can work out for them to be married legally? (Conversion to Christianity is an option , is there any other way too?)

Learning

17 Replies

TGK REDDI   19 February 2018

It's not prohibited in us, Andhras.

I was in Defence.    Many used to smile derisively because I'd married the daughter of my father's sister though having s*x with every imaginable relation is quite common everywhere.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 February 2018

Among Andhrites and other south Indian groups such as Tamil, Malayali and Karnataka  peiople marrying a 2nd cousin's daughter is not prohibited and it is very much legitimate.If custom or  usage    permits you cann marry a 2nd cousin.

A good Reply by Shri Ramesh Singh.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sneha
Under the Hindu marriage Act, you cannot marry to your mother's brother's son as it comes under the category of PROHIBITED RELATIONSHIP. Is there any way which can work out for them to be married legally? (Conversion to Christianity is an option , is there any other way too?)

There is no option to marry. It is illegal. Incest based marriages are not allowed anywhere in the world. One otther option is using condum.

Basic idea of not allowing brother sister marriage is not to have mentally disbled and physically challenged kids born out of such wedlock.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : TGK REDDI
It's not prohibited in us, Andhras.

I was in Defence.    Many used to smile derisively because I'd married the daughter of my father's sister though having s*x with every imaginable relation is quite common everywhere.

It is prohibited. You rogues/scoundrels made this custom because to keep property inside family and produced disabled kids only to hamper growth of this nation further.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ms.Usha Kapoor
Among Andhrites and other south Indian groups such as Tamil, Malayali and Karnataka  peiople marrying a 2nd cousin's daughter is not prohibited and it is very much legitimate.If custom or  usage    permits you cann marry a 2nd cousin.

You are on weed?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
Marrying for s.ex??
First 2-3 weeks you will do for 4-5 times at night, after that you will repeat 1-2 times daily upto 3-4 months, after that you can do twice or thrice weekly, after that you repeat twice or thrice monthly, after that?
Is it at all, a modern cultural life to fulfil one's desire or design one's life.
Don't follow any religious faith, you are not worth for it.

Choose wisely.

I am adding you as my friend.

Shri Raj Malhotra

Dear Sir

Do you expect me to appreciate your manners?      Or do you expect me to appreciate your knowledge?

Kindly enlighten me whether kids are born out of wedlock only.     I don't know science.    But why so many disabled kids?      Are they born in the absence of wedlock?

Are disabled kids more in Andhra?

Yours faithfully

TGK REDDI

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 February 2018

Most brilliant people in India are born in South India.  Three of the four Indian science Nobel laurates were born to cousins. Why!  even marriage between niece and maternal uncle is cherished in South India. Children with birth defects are born in inter-caste marriages. Consanguinous marriages are common among Parsees and Jews. They have produced brilliant people. Albert Eienstein was born to cousins. He himself married his cousin.

TGK REDDI   21 February 2018

I posed two questions to Shri Raj Malhotra.     No Reply.

He used unparliamentary language.     I can use unparliamentary language in Telugu, English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Nepalese and Arabic.

My conscience doesn't allow to use such words in lawyersclubindia in proper contexts even.     Shri Malhotra has no chance for using such words regarding a legitimate custom and tradition.

I very well know the customs of people of a number of states of India.      Hathi ke dant khane ke aur dikhane ke aur.    I can't appreciate this whereas people including Andhras love this.

It's not wedlock that affects the health of children.     If science is right, it must be s*x that's responsible for infirm children, not wedlock.     If science is right, not only wedlocks should be prohibited but also s*x should be prohibited among them.     And such prohibition should be implemented in letter and spirit.  

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 February 2018

@ TGK Reddy:  Did you read my post?

TGK REDDI   22 February 2018

Yes sir,  I did.      I appreciate you.

There were three brothers.   The elder brother knew how to join pieces.     The second brother knew to put life.     The third one was a lay man.

They saw a lion in a forest that was cut into pieces.    The elder brother wanted to join the pieces and the second one wanted to put life.     The third one tried to prevent them.     They didn't agree.     The third one climbed a tree.     The lion devoured the two.

This's no doubt a cock-and-bull story but teaches a very good lesson.

Let me, though I don't know, believe Y chromosomes are losing their genetic information in South India.     Is it due to marrying in and in?       Or having s*x in and in?      Marrying in and in is a custom here.     I agree.     But does s*x have inseparable connection with marriage?        Custom is something and practice is another.      Hathi ke daant khane ke aur and dikhane ke aur.

In north India too there was a custom in which a man of 90 used to marry a child of 5.      A man used to have several wives.    A wife was forced to commit sati.     Even now a muslim can have upto 5 wives.      Do I have the right of chiding them?     One is, of course, allowed to criticise these habits.       

I'm an atheist.     I don't accept castes, sub castes, gotras, etc.

You don't like criticissm.     But I do.

Please view my profile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register