LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankitha   13 January 2018

Contested divorce

I have filed contested divorce against my husband in November 2016 in district court Ranga Reddy. After filing it was transferred to regional court. Now almost an year over but the case is still not proceeding to the next level.the counter needs to be filed by my husband. But most of the timings the hearing dates are postponing due to unavailability of the judge in the regional court. I want to transfer my case to the Ranga Reddy district court as the process will be speed up. Can anyone tell me that the procedure and how much time will it takes in order to transfer my case to district court. And also please let me is there any fee I need to pay in the process of transferring my case. Or shall I continue without transfer the case. Are there are any ways to get speed up the process in the present court itself. Please reply me with your valuable comments.

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 January 2018

Mam, 

Approach the High Court and get the same transferred or request for a early disposal of the case ... 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://kapilchandna.legal/

(Guest)

You can do one more thing.  YOu can withdraw the case and file it a fresh wherever you want.  Because transferring of case from one court to another will take lot of time.

Plus expenses.

Plus trial will start from abcd again.

So further loss of time if you pursue transfer.

Anotehr beautiful solution is withdrawing divorce case and join husband and co again.

WIth divorce you will get one pc of paper,  thats all.  for taht why you have to spend so many rupees and precius years in courts?

Simply adjust with husband. Finding new husband or keep will be very difficult job once you are divorced.  Chances are society will see you as one and make life more difficult.  These are practical tings which divorcees will face.  Think and act. WIsely. if yo uhave brains.

1 Like

Pooja (mom)     13 January 2018

Hi Case transfer takes atleast 6 months or even more. It will delay your case and you will end up spending time and also a lot of money on lawyers. Contested divorce takes a little of time. It can be 5 years or 10 years or even more. Please dont waste your life running around in courts. It is a horrible experience and in the end you get nothing. A sincere friendly advice. You either try for a reconciliation with your husband....forget your differences and join him again. Or convince him for a mutual consent divorce and within 6 months or even less....you will be free from court trials and unnecessary stress.

Pooja (mom)     13 January 2018

Contested divorce takes a LOT OF TIME. Typographical error in above note

Ankitha   17 January 2018

If I continue with the current ongoing case can I get the dates early and also in the availability of the judge. And will the court consider the dates on which the judge non availability for giving chances to my husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register