LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishi Gupta (Senior Manager)     08 December 2017

Police clearance certificate - new delhi

This is regarding the Police Clearance Certificate from Passport Office.
Facts of the case:
Permanent Address (Since birth till date) (PA): House A, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi
Current Address (Since 3 years) (CA): House B, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi
Both houses are 10 mins bike drive apart. I bought new house and have occupied it for the sake of it. But yes I stay at night in the new house with my wife and son. However, we visit daily to our PA. My son, reaches PA after school. Only after we return from office, stay at PA and then come to CA.

None of the documents that we have, bear address for CA except the registry in my wife's name. Not even the electricity or water bills for CA.

PCC was applied with PA as we never thought of using CA as our address. Local police inspector came to PA after speaking to neighbors and told us that neighbors  say we are not living here for 2 years. We gave him every document and the two witnesses even stood by us while giving in writing.  However, inspector gave us the negative PCC.

My question to experts here are: 
Since I am new to current address concept, please help:
1. While applying for PCC again, should I give Current address as House B and permanent Address as House A? We need to get the electricity bill in our name before that?
2. Do we need to get all our government documents showing CA and PA?
3. Inspector will visit both places CA and PA or either of those?

I am just scared by the process. Please help.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 December 2017

There is nothing to be scared about this. Have you got your passport?  If you do not get the passport in reasonable time and/or you get a reply rejecting your application, you go and meet the passport officer and explain. The worst thing that can happen is a delay in your getting your passport. You have not mentioned for what purpose you have applied for paasport and how urgently you need it.  You may have to slightly vary your narration when you explain to the passport office.

Rishi Gupta (Senior Manager)     09 December 2017

Sir, Thank you so much for your reply.

I have the passport with permanent address. I applied for PCC with permanent address for Australia. Inspector has given negative PCC due to the fact that I have another house within 2km range of perm address and I have occupied it.

Inspector did the visit to both houses but still gave the negative PCC to passport office. Now passport office is evaluating the report.

I am not sure if I give current address in PCC then I have only electricity bill and registry in my wife's name and nothing in my name. Both of us have all documents in permanent address.

Will that be a problem?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 December 2017

If you already have a passport, why should the Passport Office again need a PCC. If you want to go to Australia, you will have to apply along with your passport to Australian embassy or consulate for an Australian visa. Anyway if the Passport Office is evaluating your PCC, you go to the Passport Office and explain to them. If necessary you meet the superior officer of the inspector and talk to him also. This appears to me a trivial matter, which can be solved by talking to those concerned. Have you got other documents, such as PAN, Aadhar card etc. as address proof?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 December 2017

If you write a letter addressed to yourself, it will be delivered at your address. You can show the cover also as address proof. You must send it by post and not by courier.

Rishi Gupta (Senior Manager)     10 December 2017

If passport is prepared more than a year back, passport office conducts verification again while granting PCC.

Australian visa requires PCC from India as pre requisite. 

Passport office on website has updated the status as: "Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office." May be they will update next to appear before office at passport office. I will update on monday of what is the next action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register