Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Sanjeev Dighe   07 November 2017

Change in name and signature in all legal docs

Hello experts,

I need to change my signature in all the legal documents i.e. PAN, Passport, Aadhar Card and Driving License

Also, I want that my middle (father's) name be printed along with my First & Last name in PAN & Driving License. In Aadhar & Passport, middle name is printed by default, so no need to change there.

Could you all please guide me as to how do I go about it and from which document should I start with because any document that I want to make the above changes asks for proof in the form of some other document and as you can see, I need to make the changes in all the documents.

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 November 2017

The basic document in this context could either be the Birth Certificate or the School Leaving Certificate. If those documents do not have the name as proposed, you need to go for change of name through Gazette Notification.

Sameer Sanjeev Dighe   07 November 2017

@P. Venu: Sir, I am not changing the name per se. I only want my father's name to be included everywhere. It is already shown in my Passport and Aadhar, then why do I need to go for name change through Gazette notification?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 November 2017

Either you believe the advise of expert, who has correctly advised you FREE OF COST (as a gesture of social service) or seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer.

Sameer Sanjeev Dighe   08 November 2017

@ Dr J C Vashista: I am just clarifying my doubts. I hope that should not be a problem. I never said I don't believe in Mr. P Venu's advice!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register