Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Khandelwal   23 October 2017

Is Chatting with girl a crime....??

Respected LCI Forum,

As we all know nowadays everybody is connecting with each other by Facebook, here my question is if somebody chats with any unknown girl on any social networking website Is it crime ??

Chat is not abusive, it's a very normal and casual chat conversation. So basically my point is to ask whether a girl can make any of cases on the basis that the boy has chated her. Please notice that my client or friend has not done any abusive or unlawful chat so that it can harm their dignity.

Thank You
Regards
Rahul Khandelwal

Learning

6 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 October 2017

if anything objectionable in chat then it is crime.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     23 October 2017

if you have shared any objectionable/unwelcomed remark/gesture words or video than yes it is ..

Regards

Jaspal S Maini(Adv)

Rahul Khandelwal   23 October 2017

Thank you very much for your kind information sir.....!

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     23 October 2017

Ordinarily, no. Something non-objectionable should not constitute an offence, ordinarily. I used 'ordinarily' because of Section 354D IPC. 

354D. Stalking  (1) Any man who—
(i) follows a woman and contacts, or attempts to contact such woman to foster personal interaction repeatedly despite a clear indication of disinterest by such woman; or
(ii) monitors the use by a woman of the internet, email or any other form of electronic communication,

commits the offence of stalking;

354D does not talk about offensive or objectionable communication. Simply contact to foster personal interaction despite clear indication of disinterest by such women. So you better not do it. If you still insist on contacting strangers (on Facebook, is it? wink) you better back off if she asks you not to contact. And the burden of proof is on the accused to establish that the contact was not stalking, your choice.

1 Like

Kumar...... (occupation )     23 October 2017

if she happens to be someone else wife then her husband can slap 498

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2017

please state facts. do not set question paper.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register