Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash Kesherwani   13 October 2017

expiry of rent agreement and non-renewal

Sir,

I live in a rented house in Mumbai. My rent agreement expired on 19th Aug'17 and I had sent agreement draft to landlord for online renewal. The expired agreement for leave and license for 12 months was made under section 24 of Maharashtra Rent Control Act, 1999. However before the formalities were completed one of my neighbour who has been harassing us for last 2 years fought with us and has got few people and her husband call my a landlord at odd hours to harass and pressurise him to get us evicted without renewal of agreement. The landlord gave in and has asked us to leave . He admitted he is under pressure and does not want to get involved in the dispute with neighbour for legal ramifications However he also maintains that I he wants possession of house back for personal use sighting different reasons. The neighbour has also filed an NC at police station against which we have also filed an online NC against her for maligning our reputation in society and harassing us . Pl guide how can we get justice.

Thank You

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 October 2017

according to a 1990 Supreme Court ruling in the Sanwarmal Kejriwal versus Vishwa Cooperative Housing Society case, a member i.e. owner of the flat can keep the tenants of his choice. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register