LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anonymous   06 October 2017

Fake marriage promise and cheating

Hi, Can someone help me in deciding if this act can be punished or not. I was in a log term relationship with a person, he promised me to get married and with that trust i got involved in the physical relationship with him, after 7 yrs of relationship parents were involved to get things move ahead, guy delayed things with the excuse of financial issue, delayed for more than year, booked a property in joint account with the agreement of getting married, and then guy got involved with the other girl. not sure for how long he was cheating on me,i came to know at the later stage and then he refused to marry me. And similar thing continued with the other girl. Please advise!

Learning

6 Replies

SHREY DAMBHARE   06 October 2017

You don't have case unless you have been living in  live-in relationship for 7 years or there is actual promise of marriage and you have proof of it like message, email or whatsapp chat. 

Yes i have all the proof in writing in emails stating promise of marriage. It was done for applying the joint loan. Even i have the proofs of involvement with the other girl.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 October 2017

When you was living with him in live-in relationship then why you want marriage after living 7 years with him doing everything which is prohibited before marriage , your case is a weak case and not maintainable in the court , better make an amicable solution and get seperated from each other , otherwise you know very well forcefully marriage doesn't sustain long .

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 October 2017

When you was living with him in live-in relationship then why you want marriage after living 7 years with him doing everything which is prohibited before marriage , your case is a weak case and not maintainable in the court , better make an amicable solution and get seperated from each other , otherwise you know very well forcefully marriage doesn't sustain long .

Just a one correction it was not Live-in relationship, he promised me for marriage so relationship continued, parents involvement got delayed due to some or other reason or excuse.Not sure if it was intentionally or not. Even after involving parents he delayed things by some or other excuse. And later on i came to know he is involved with other girl and similar things continued there.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     06 October 2017

No case of cheating is made out. Both of you have enjoyed a period of 7 years in a live in relationship and more so it was your sweet Will. Forget the thing and start a new life. Marriage by force and threat is also prohibited in law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register