Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     06 October 2017

Married daughter liable to pay maintenance to her parents?

Hi,

Is a daughter (married) with sufficient funds / income also liable to maintain her old parents? If yes, please quote some of the recent judgements passed in favor of parents either from HC / Supreme Court. My father is not looking after of my dying (cancer) mother. I am doing all I can to support her and looking after of her. Medical expense are sky-rocketing for cancer treatment.

However, my father now is torturing only me asking me for maintenance. He also has a daughter, married, but in a government service with own house etc. Also, even my father has a 2BHK house which can fetch him good sum to manage self. Further, my mother has even received judgement in her facor to receive her share in above stated 2BHK property, which my father has not yet honored. If she gets her share in her house, her treatment can be better. By the way, its a self-made property with ownership of my mother and father.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     06 October 2017

Under senior citizen Act children are bound to maintain their parents. File execution petition for execution of order passed in favour of mother. Consult a lawyer with details.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     06 October 2017

Under senior citizen Act children are bound to maintain their parents. File execution petition for execution of order passed in favour of mother. Consult a lawyer with details.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     06 October 2017

Yes, marrie Daughter is also legally liable to look after medical expenses. Prefer appeal if order already pronounced.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register