Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeshwari Patel   15 September 2017

Gazette notification usage for updating id proofs

Hello,

I need help on my all Id proofs name updating to new name. I have recently changed my name via Gazette notification. I was under impression that if I produce Gazette Copy for all Aadhaar, DL and PAN then names will be updated to new one. But where ever I am going for name updation they are asking for Id having new name.

If someone has changed name how person can have Id with new name. For updating 1 id they are asking for another id with new name. No one is updating Id to new name only with Gazette Notification and this has become deadlock. Has any one tried updating Id cards ONLY with Gazette notification. Did it work in your case?

In Aadhaar portal, it is showing that Identity certificate issued by Gazetted officer can work. But Gazette notification is biggest proof then why that category is not listed in accepted documents in Aadhaar Card?

Can Gazette Notification department provide copy with Photo which can work as identity certificate?

Please help if you have information. 

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 September 2017

Try to open a Bank account with new gazette notification or change the name as suggested by Bank.  The new passbook is a valid document of identity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register