LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gee sree   09 September 2017

Landlord giving problem & using vulgar words

Dear sir, we r in a rental home since 3 months. We brought our things one night & d immediate next day morning the landlord entered my home & shouted us seeing our things. We said we need time to set them in proper places but they didnt mind our words & using very bad words against us standing in street. We have no proper sleep bcos of many insects problem in this home. We told them abt dis bt no response so we told them that we vacate this home. They got severe angry on this and telling us to go out of home. We request for some time to search for home but they abuse us using vulgar words all the time. And without our permission they always entering our home. No privacy for us. We need your assistance sir. Thank you.

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     09 September 2017

Immediately lodge the police complaint of the ill and abusive, threatening behaviour of landlord. No one including landlord can dispossess you without following due process of law. Consult a lawyer with details.

Tq sir.. And from the first day itself we warn them dat we wud sue a police complaint against them. For dat they say, 'what can they do? I dont fear of police & all. I have seen many police people' and again start to shout at them too. My dad is a retired railway employer. So he always used to go to the junction to meet his colleagues friends & all. For this, my landlord enquires my dad, 'why are u going there? How much you getting from there? Stop going'. And asking about everyone of my family & passes unnecessary comments like dat.

My dad had gone thru a major operation on his hip thigh moving ball point fracture. So he cannot climb upstairs. So we requested for time to search for a home comfortable for him. We even told them abt this and askd for one more month time yesterday night, but they dont mind about this & say 'if u dont go out i will come home n throw out all ur things & cut off the power supply'

Dad n mom felt broken about this & fear about their talks. And from wen we entered this home , we hav not yet uncovered many things & keep them on floor as how we packed. We were eager when we entered this home bt d vry first day itself we saw their behaviour and lost our intention to stay here. So we dnt open all the things as we gonna vacate soon within a few months orelse it will be a burden for us again to repack. They show this & use it as a reason for their favour and say the home is not clean bcos of ur packed things. We explain d reason but no use. Wil this become a big issue if we lodge a complaint against them sir? All we fear of their threat & vulgar talks only..

They treat us like a beggar and used to say rental home people are beggars only. It really hurts a lot. They say they have money influence. We are totally confused and stressed a lot of their words. Dont know what action to take and how to handle. Need a clear cut and supported explanation n help from you. Thank u so much sir/mam..

Anil Lalcheta   09 September 2017

Give an application to police. Remove fear from mind

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register