LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman (Technical)     06 September 2017

Complaint against cable tv broadcast

Is there any appellate authority who can be approached against the cable TV Operators in India?

I have gone through the website of TRAI wherein it is being defined how consumer complaint needs to be addressed by the Cable TV Operators, but none of the guidelines are being followed by the Cable TV operators at all.

The Operator don't accept complaint online, through email they reply vaguely, the nodal officers are not reachable over phone.

Apart from taking shelter under Consumer Forum (which is time consuming and requires significant effort) is there any appellate authority who can be approached in this case?

Please note that I have gone through the TRAI website and didn't find any online complaint booking procedure against Cable TV Operators

Thanking you.

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 September 2017

You can make a direct complaint to TRAI about such Violations and can also bring the attention of Joint Collector on such violations.

CP Act is the best time bound remedy with total expenses less than Rs.500/- if party appears in person.

Raman (Technical)     07 September 2017

Thank you very much. I am trying to get the contact email address of TRAI, if you or anyone is having that handy would request to post, if I get to know, I'll also post the same. Can you please throw some light on "Joint Collector", how to approach etc.? I understand CP Act is one of the remedies, but the effort and time needed is high, that is why companies are not that bothered to provide the service. Thanking you once again and looking forward to some more info.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 September 2017

For any Central Government organisations, complaint can be styled as Grievance and can be posted on pgportal immediately without single paisa cost.

Just post the complaint in the name of Joint collector, District Collector's office.............by Regd post.

Remedy under CP Act is simple, takes less time and may not exceed Rs.500/- expenses in total.

Raman (Technical)     07 September 2017

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
For any Central Government organisations, complaint can be styled as Grievance and can be posted on pgportal immediately without single paisa cost.

Just post the complaint in the name of Joint collector, District Collector's office.............by Regd post.

Remedy under CP Act is simple, takes less time and may not exceed Rs.500/- expenses in total.

Thank you Sir for the kind information. I see that Cable Operators are not Central Government Organization, hence grievancec cannot be logged at pgportal. Let me first try to register the complaint with TRAI.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 September 2017

You have to file complaint with TRAI against cable operators.  Even if there is a mistake in filing such grievance, within 24 hours, your grievance will be sent through on line portal to concerned authority.

DevlinDieter   28 June 2020

Instead of using cable TV you can use another application over the internet. Everything will be better.

the techiefind   18 March 2021

I love your article thanks for share the article. https://www.thetechiefind.com/www-amazon-com-mytv/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register