LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAYANMONI   31 August 2017

Cash credit loan and deposit

Dear Sir/Madam, i have a cash credit account which has limit of INR 50,00,000/-. yesterday i was called to my bank to deposit some money as it has not been credited any amount for the last three months. the bank manager also added that my account may become NPA if i don't deposit any amount continuously for three months. but i regularly pay interest and it still have INR 95000/-in this account. none of my interest due has been failed so far. in this respect i want to know if i regularly pay interest due on time and don't deposit any amount continiously for 90 days will my account become NPA? my bank has already been benefitted by my interest then why did they pressure me to deposit an amount?

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     14 October 2018

If it is a loan, there is meaning in remitting interest alone. Bu this is cash credit accomdation which is suppoed to be in current for which regular remittance and withdrawal is necessary. Think twice whether you can continue the cash credit facility or availing loan for the said amount if eligible for loan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register