LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi   22 August 2017

Dispute over club membership jointly purchased

We three friends have mutually taken up club membership in dubai and agreed to share all dues nd benefits equally. I am using all the facilities of the club however other two wants to sell the membership and i dnt want to. I requested them to find two similar parties to replace them otherwise m not interested to sell my part of membership. Now they are not paying their part of Annual Fees and i am not able to use services because of them. Can we legally make them liable to pay their part so that my interest is unaffected? Since the membership is taken in my name They can pay me their part of dues and its upto them if they want to use or not in future.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 August 2017

If other two people not paid, you as a member of the club to bear total fee. It is your burden to select other two people. Club is having right to collect the from you since you are the member of the club. 

(Guest)

Why not buy their share also? Even otherwise also, if only you are using the facility, morally you are required to pay the dues of membership even on their behalf. Don't think that your friends are bound to pay for your facity only.

(Guest)

Very logical advice by the experts!

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 August 2017

Things depend on the Club's byelaws and the laws of Dubai.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register