LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rhuturaj Nilegaonkar   13 August 2017

Co-owner selling land without demarcation

My Late Father had sold 2 acres of land from our 3.5 acres to this person, no demarcation of boundaries was done at that time, now my father has passed away and I want to know if that buyer can sell the land to anyone without our permission or so? Or is it required for him to take our signatures for demarcation of boundaries? Also we have not yet registered the successors on this remaining 1.5 acres? The problem is it was not clearly defined on which side his 2 acres fall, so I don't want him to take advantage of this situation as he might sell 2 acres of the land adjacent to the highway and we are left with 1.5acre in the backside. Please help and guide. Thanks in Advance

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 August 2017

How to apply for Demarcation of Boundaries ?

Survey and demarcation of boundaries is a legal, and formal process. It is not merely informal measurement of land. You have to present an application written on plain paper to the MRO (Mandal Revenue Officer or  Tahasildar ) for demarcation of boundaries. The application must indicate the correct survey number and registered subdivision number for which demarcation is required. These details will be available with the Village Administative Officer.

• You will have to obtain authenticated documents from the VAO and file an application showing your interest or rights over the lands in question. These documents can be as follows.

• A copy of Record of Rights (ROR)

• Pattadar Pass Book (PPB)

• Certified copy of Pahani (village accounts)
    • Registered sale deed

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 August 2017

Yes, he can. If you wish the boundaries to be demaracted, you can initiate steps as suggested by learned expert Rama chary.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 August 2017

You may folow the simple process of Intestate Succession that should be available on the website of authority or in office for updation of ownrship by legal heirs of deceased by inheritance............

Usually death certificate, legal heir certificate are required.

Why succession certificate is required?

As suggested above proceed for demarcation of boundaries.

kaloboran mahapatra (service)     13 August 2017

i would like to share about demarcation. in a similar case Land department has refused with a reason that private land cannot be measured by govt surveyor. it is in the sate of west bengal

The local authority may respond as suggested by Mr. kaloboran mahapatra

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register