Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rameezs   12 August 2017

Victim of identity theft

Respected Sir,

I humbly seek your assistance:

2 days back I recd my monthly salary (credited) in my savings bank account.  Within few minutes, I recd SMS from bank that my salary is withheld.  After various enquiries, I found that somebody else has stolen my identity (pan card details), created false salary slip of a reputed Company where I never worked, created false ration card, false id proof, false residence proof, and obtained credit card from the bank where I have my sb account.  Bank withheld my salary amount thinking that it is me who obtained credit card.  The documents bank showed me contained false residence (where I never lived), false ration card and so on.  Kindly let me know how to get my salary amount.  I am in grave need of money.  I have complained to the bank's card grievance cell,  customer care, branch, and others.  Bank is not responding with urgency.  

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 August 2017

Write to bank to provide you authenticated copies of CC issuance form, self attested KYC docs collected by bank, OSV report along with name of bank official that signed it, physical verification report by bank or its Third party agent along with name of bank official that signed it,.....charge slips,monthly statements etc etc ...................and in less words mention that you never signed any document and nevr asked for any such card and never used it................and deny any responsibility and to vacte the lien...............at once and release the funds to you..

Write to BM,MD,CEO,Chairman of the bank under proper acknowledgment and also CEPD-RBI, Governor-RBI and  Department of Non-Banking Supervision 

Chief General Manager -in-Charge 

Department of Non-Banking Supervision 

Central Office Centre I, 

World Trade Centre, 

Cuffe Parade 

Mumbai-400 005. 

Phone: 022-22153350 

Email id: cgmicdnbsco@rbi.org.in   

Governor 

Reserve Bank of India 

Central Office Building 18th Floor, 

Shahid Bhagat Singh Road 

Mumbai-400 001. 

022-22660868 

governor@rbi.org.in  

Lodge police complaint under proper acknowledgment........

Bank is liable and under obligation to maintain secrecy of the acoounts/docs it collects from its customers...........

If your docs have been collected from bank and forged then bank is liable.

1 Like

rameezs   16 August 2017

Respected Sir,

Thank you for your valuable replies.  I have taken up with Bank, along the lines suggested above.

Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register