LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Crazy Indian   11 August 2017

Marriage certficate

My story is long but try to shorten it, I was married in Karnataka in 2007 but marriage was not registered, now when I am trying to get marriage certificate the officials were saying that you can get marriage certificate at the place where you currently live as they need the current address proof and if i am not living in that area, they can not issue the certificate.

I live in Gujarat currently so I went to the Registrar of Marriages office and said the same thing what the Karnataka officials said but they deny and said I can get marriage certificate only If i got married there.

So it is like a merry go round for me, this certificate is very important for me to get passport and to change some details in aadhar card..

Is there some one who can suggest some ideas how can i get this certificate and without this one aadhar officials saying they can not change any details on my current card. If I can not get a marriage certficate this way, then is there any way that I can get one from the court where I live currently.

Please help me.

Learning

14 Replies

Susen Nath   11 August 2017

Pls tell me ur voter I card address at present? Karnataka or Gujrat which one? And I thing u r subpresing some thing.

Crazy Indian   11 August 2017

There is nothing to suppress, the old voter ID card was with my maiden name and it was cancelled as I was not living there any more, currently in Gujarat I did not have any voter ID card. I have PAN card with my maiden name and aadhar card with my marital name but date of birth was written by omitting the date and when I went to correct they are asking for the marriage certificate and while registering they did not asked for any such.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 August 2017

Since year 2008, AMC is registering marriages which take place within AMC limit under the Gujarat Marriage Registration Act, 2006. 

https://ahmedabadcity.gov.in/portal/jsp/Static_pages/birth_death_reg.jsp#AhmedabadMunicipalCorporation

Counsels that handle marriage registration matters can guide and help..

Crazy Indian   12 August 2017

Can you please tellme what way you can help me to procure marriage certificate and what are your service charges, please let me know.

Thanks

Dear LCI Querist @ Crazy Indian,

Whom are you asking?

You need to ask local counsel at Gujarat/Karnataka.

It is felt that the fee should be reasonable.

Dear LCI Querist @ Crazy Indian,

I have not earned a single penny till this moment from LCI....

You and readers might have noticed at LCI the so called posers and impostors falling for even Rs.50/- ( Pachaas Rupalli)...............and appearing with fake ID's after one ID is cancelled/blocked/shunted out...............

There are many threads at online portals like LCI that show unsuspecting querists have been allured and fleeced by posors and impostors posing as Lawyers/Chief Lawrers and pushing firms as some Law Firms, while infact such nuisance litterers are Liars and the firms are Liar's firms............... 

Prefer to check in person...............and take help of elders of your family.

Crazy Indian   13 August 2017

Thank you every one, before I become the member of this forum, I did a bit of research and felt that I may get some help at least even an advise. As some of you suggested to speak to the local consels which I already did before writing in this forum, I did not get any advise but of re-marrying now and get a new certificate.

Now I feel that I don't know what to do and even experts may not have anything to suggest to my situation, sad but it looks like this is the only truth.

(Guest)

Dear Crazy India, Although I am not a lawyer but wish to add a few cents. I sail (was sailing) in the same boat as I too married in Karnataka and then came to Pune for Work and realised later the importance of Marriage Ceritificate. 

1. You will have to apply it in Karnataka only in the city where the marriage actually happened.

2. At the time of your marriage you in all probability were a resident of Karnataka. Right? Therefore you might have some address proof to substantiate the same. It could be a DL, a Nationalised Bank account passbook, any property title document etc.  

3. The marriage certificate has to be obtained ASAP after marriage within a stipulated time as per the law. However thankfully the Talati office, Tehsildar office etc are highly currpt  (especially in Karnataka) and you still stand a good chance to shed a few bucks and get your job done. Also there will be many friendly agents outside the office who will be more than willing to help you.

4. So make a trip to your native place with set of documents of both the bride and groom, marriage invitation (if available), photo album and I am sure you will get it

5. I too got it this way from Davangere

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 August 2017

I could not and I do not suggest agents.......................

Fact is that there are agents also that are operating.

Now you have the option to act as suitable to you to fufill your need...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register