LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sahil   18 July 2017

Enforcement directorate has attached my land

Enforcement Directorate put a board on my property saying that it is attached, however no order has been issued to me as to why my land has been attached. What to do?

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 July 2017

File an RTI application u/s6 of RTIAct to PIO Of Enforcement Directorate (ED for short) requesting  for the order under which your property has been attached by ED.Or file a Writ u/article 226 of the Constitution in the Highcourt  seeking directions  to ED  to serve the order under which your property has been attached.After  issuance of Due legal notice to ED only you can proceed to file Writ in Highcourt.ED has notfollowed proper procedure 9n attaching your property. It has not issued a showcause notice, not given right of fair hearing and considered your objections against the attachment , not served the order under which your property has been attached.etc.Thus ED has violated  principles of natural Justice.

Sahil   19 July 2017

But Enforcement Directorate does not come under the ambit of RTI Act as mentioned in the second schedule of RTI Act

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 July 2017

Then you file a Writ of Mandamus in Highcourt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register