LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajay   05 July 2017

Attachment of property

Hi respected lawyers. I got married in 2014 but it lasted only for a few days and my wife filed 498a case against me and my parents. After the police investigation they removed the name of my parents and now i am the only peron involved in that case. Now 3 years have gone by and my wife or her lawyer didnt attended even a single hearing. Is there any way to dismiss the case ?The case is in district court, so should i move to high court to dismiss it ?

In 2014 she also filed a case in district court saying that i received 1 cr worth gold as dowry and requested the court to attach the property which is in my parents name. The property was attached and after hearing the attachment was lifted in 2015. After that she went to the high court and the court asked the dictrict court to review the case again and the property got attached again. 2 months back the district court gave the following order -  "Hear order dated -------is reviewed as per order in IA No. ------. Attachmnet in respect of the property of RI is ratained. Communicate the order to sub registrar officer and village officer.". My lawyer told me that the attachment if lifted and now the property is free. Today when my father went to the village office they said that the property is still attached as they didnt received any order from the court. Can you please let me know what will be the issue and does the order quoted above really means the attachment is lifted ?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 July 2017

Show the certified copy of the order to your own counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register