LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BALJIT SINGH   21 June 2017

electricity bill

normally my electricity bill comes between 7000 to 15000 approx . But certainly it come 65000. then I could not deposited. and SDO is not listings. my Advocate Says in consumer court you have to pay fees of lawyers . what should do.

Learning

6 Replies

Arjun Kohli   21 June 2017

Hi

As you have already mentioned, Consumer Courts are certainly a forum for filing a complaint against Disproportionate Bills (excessive amount with regard to usage). However, since you want to avoid the same for saving legal costs, I would suggest you to reach out to the Grievance Redressal Committee or Department of the concerned Electricity Company, as they are supposed to deal with problems related to billings. If they co-operate with you and fix the issue, then you are good to go. 

However, if they do not, then you will have to take the legal recourse in the Consumer Courts if you still remain unsatisfied with their justification, if provided.

Regards

SurYansh Mishra   22 June 2017

Agree with Arjun's Opinion.

SurYansh Mishra   22 June 2017

You can also reach higher authority of the Electricity department to get your problem solved.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     22 June 2017

If approaching Department Grievance redressal  committee doesn't solve your problem go to Consumer court and  there certainly you would get solution and justice. You will get  refund of excess bills,interest and damages etc.Customer Grievance redresal commitee may act with  a tint of prejudice as they belong to same department of Electrcity.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     22 June 2017

Sir, You can plead for yourself, even in your mother tongue, before the Consumer court, it is not absolutely necessary to appoint an advocate. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 June 2017

Better first you approach to grievance redressal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register