LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LOHITHAKSHAN   19 June 2017

Settlement deed

Hello all, I have a query on the settlement deed. One property owned by my grandfather (mother's father) was given to my mother by way of settlement deed in the year 1983. In 1984 this property was given to me by way of settlement deed by mother with an oral condition that i shall conduct the marriage of my 2 sisters, since my father is no more. I got 5 sisters and 3 were already married at that time. I have conducted the marriage of 2 sisters and all expenses was met by me since I am the only son. In December 2015 my mother expired. The question is: 1) can this settlement deed be disputed by my sisters claiming share? The property is in my possession during the last 33 years and i am paying the related land tax etc.

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 June 2017

Are your two sisters who are married and now claiming  their share members of the faqmily Settlemnent Deed. I fso The Settlemen t Deed is binding and final and you alone is the sole opwner of th e entgir eproperty covered by th esettlement Deed. If your two sisters  are not members of settlement deed they can claim share.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 June 2017

Are your two sisters who are married and now claiming  their share members of the faqmily Settlemnent Deed. I fso The Settlemen t Deed is binding and final and you alone is the sole opwner of th e entgir eproperty covered by th esettlement Deed. If your two sisters  are not members of settlement deed they can claim share.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 June 2017

NO one can stop anyone to approach court if they feel that thier rights have been infringed upon.

Court of law shall decide on merits.

If there is no defect in deeds in your possesion then your interest may not be affected.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register