LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Kumar   19 June 2017

Maintenance charges

I have purchased a flat in Pune in Nov 2017 and the builder has collected maintenance charges for two years. subsequently a society has been formed and the accounts are handed over to the society.

As per my agreement I have paid maintenance charges up to Nov  2017.

Now the newly formed society is asking me to pay maintenance charges from may 2017 as majority of residents have taken possession in May 2015 and paid two years charges to builder.

Can the society violates the agreement and charge me , What are options available to me .
Please Help

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 June 2017

Intimate the management of society in writing, giving them copy of receipt for payment of maintenance up to November 2017.

Sanjay Kumar   20 June 2017

Thanks for reply. I have intimated this to society in writing. But they are not agreeing to it.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 June 2017

Give a complaint Online Grievance Registration with Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar

We do not know the efficiency of Online Grievance Registration with Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar, Cooperative Societies (CC & RCS), Maharashtra State, Pune.

However, one may start using the link to register online their new as well as old complaints and grievances :

https://sahakarayukta.maharashtra.gov.in/SITE/Information/Complaints.aspx

J.B.Patel (Jeby)
Housing Societies’ Activist!
Mobile:9820538570

Thanks Mr.Patel. I will be doing that but unfortunately response from maharashtra griviences portal is very poor. They don't respond for months and writing to higher authorities also did not work.

Thanks Mr.Patel. I will be doing that but unfortunately response from maharashtra griviences portal is very poor. They don't respond for months and writing to higher authorities also did not work.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     20 June 2017

Sir, Since the accounts are handed over to the Society, the amount you have paid must have been shown to your credit. You are liable to pay for the maintenance for the period from the date of your Agreement. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register