LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sashwat   16 June 2017

Harassment by tata docomo customer care

Time and again I am being bothered by the customer care service of tata docomo to pay the pending bill for Internet connection which has been disconnected by me 4 months back.i even have a proof with me that all the pending bills have been cleared but still they keep on bothering me with mails, calls and messages.i want to sue them how do I go about doing it. Please guide.

Learning

6 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 June 2017

File a case in consumer court.You will get substantisal damages + interest till payment.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     16 June 2017

Dear Client,

file complaint in consumer forum as suggested by Ms. Usha Kapoor

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 June 2017

Before filing such complaint, issue a notice to the company, and also make a complaint to TRAI on line.  The limitation period for filing consumer complaint is 2 years from date of cause of action.

Sashwat   16 June 2017

How do I go about doing it.do I have to get a lawyer for filling a complaint or can it be done online

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 June 2017

You can file a complaint in person.  Total costs may not be more than Rs.500/- in all and in general DF may decide within 180 days.  There are no strict legal formalities, and the proceedings are summary in nature.  The only thing you have to establish is that there is deficiency of service and harassment.  Even a representative can attend the proceedings during preliminary hearings, and complaint can attend and argue at the time of final hearing.  But issuing of notice is a must, as the complaint has to be build on the basis of their explanation / justification.

Purchase a book on CP Act in Hindi / English and it costs less than Rs.80/-.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 June 2017

You may also check at:

www.confonet.nic.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register