LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

as   25 May 2017

Digital electrical service meter running fast andhrapradesh

dear sirs, A digital elect.service meter was provided in my house during 2002 made in china meter. it worked well upto March.2017. and my bills were below Rs.600/= per month. To my surprise the meter shown  758 units reading billing Rs.4785/= in the month of April.2017. on advise complaint registered paying requisite amount in e-seva centre at visakhapatnam, the department staff came and checked my house for elect.items I am used. A new service meter was fixed. I attended the meter testing substation to witness the old meter testing for speed running. They tested in substation and said the meter is running OK(means no speed running) and they throw the meter in dust bin under the test bench along with other meters. My next month bill for May-2017 came for 111 units  only for Rs. 684 only. My point is had the old meter did not run fast, the new meter fixed should also show the same reading of 758 units more or less consumption in the May-2017 also ? I sent a registered letter with AD to Asstt.Engr.(operations)EPIDL challenging that the meter testing is denied to be ok which showd 758 units of abnormal reading and to file a case in consumers forum at Visakhapatnam if not the amount refunded and settle the matter.  

Sir, Now if I file a suit in the consumers forum my appeal stands good in the court.or not ? because the dpartment may argue the meter is ok. I have all my previous bills showing consumption of current less than for Rs.600 My proof will be that the next month bill  after new meter fixed shown  is only 111 units for Rs, 684 . Kindly advise any ideas to proceed further. I learnt that the digital service meter's life is only five or six years,

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : as
dear sirs, A digital elect.service meter was provided in my house during 2002 made in china meter. it worked well upto March.2017. and my bills were below Rs.600/= per month. To my surprise the meter shown  758 units reading billing Rs.4785/= in the month of April.2017. on advise complaint registered paying requisite amount in e-seva centre at visakhapatnam, the department staff came and checked my house for elect.items I am used. A new service meter was fixed. I attended the meter testing substation to witness the old meter testing for speed running. They tested in substation and said the meter is running OK(means no speed running) and they throw the meter in dust bin under the test bench along with other meters. My next month bill for May-2017 came for 111 units  only for Rs. 684 only. My point is had the old meter did not run fast, the new meter fixed should also show the same reading of 758 units more or less consumption in the May-2017 also ? I sent a registered letter with AD to Asstt.Engr.(operations)EPIDL challenging that the meter testing is denied to be ok which showd 758 units of abnormal reading and to file a case in consumers forum at Visakhapatnam if not the amount refunded and settle the matter.  

Sir, Now if I file a suit in the consumers forum my appeal stands good in the court.or not ? because the dpartment may argue the meter is ok. I have all my previous bills showing consumption of current less than for Rs.600 My proof will be that the next month bill  after new meter fixed shown  is only 111 units for Rs, 684 . Kindly advise any ideas to proceed further. I learnt that the digital service meter's life is only five or six years,

You look like smart one, but actually you are not.  Just try to swallow this fact, everything will be fine.

You have not mentioned wha did you do with the Rs.4785/- bill.   Did you pay it?  or is it still pending?  Please reply so that I can suggest you what can be done in this case.

as   25 May 2017

Thank you sir for comment I am smart. Sorry I for got to say bill payment. My elect. Bills are deducted through SBI net banking monthly. This bill also is deducted from my bank account for RS.4785. hence paid the bill by bank sir

as   25 May 2017

Thank you sir for comment I am smart. Sorry I for got to say bill payment. My elect. Bills are deducted through SBI net banking monthly. This bill also is deducted from my bank account for RS.4785. hence paid the bill by bank sir

as   25 May 2017

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 May 2017

As on now consumer can go for redressal of following grievances before the consumer forum as well as special electricity courts; 

• Non- supply of electricity meter when applied 
• Wrong and disproportionate bills 
• Very old bills without notice 
• Bill for others’ connection 
• Disconnection without notice and without reason. 
• Bill without meter reading .
• Bill for defective /burnt meter. 
• Bill without consumption. 

However theft and un-authorized abstraction of electricity matters can be decided by the special courts established under the Indian electricity act only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register