LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dj123   03 May 2017

drink n drive

I was caught drink n drive. I was charged with section 185 181 179. But I paid the fine and have receipt with me. The police didn't take my ex or licence copy. Just took fine n asked me to go. But now they calling me to court. Do k have to go and what should I do. Kindly help .. I have no idea and am a working professional.. just want to get out of this situation.

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 May 2017

do not worry. visit court and show your receipt to the judge. 

Praveen Kumar (Intern Lawyer)     03 May 2017

Dear DJ,

You are already punished by the police officers with the fine for the offence. You cannot be punished twice under the law for a single mistake / offence. You need to appear in the court concerned and to show the Challan Slip which you have already paid.

Do not hesitate to visit in the court as you are already punished for your mistake / offence. Your case will be dismissed by considering your challan if any further crime is not acted by yourself.

dj123   03 May 2017

Yes.. j have not committed any crime other than mentioned above.. but some op me suggested that u have paid the fine and all my docs r with me. He said not to worry n no need to go to court as the police didn't take your licence or RC book and let you go at night and let myself drive the car back .. Can I preserve the receipt and not worry .

Praveen Kumar (Intern Lawyer)     04 May 2017

Dear Mr.  D. J., 

You should obey the summon which you have received from the court. As per my opinion you should visit in the court along with your Challan Copy. Now its your wish to obey the summon or ignore the same. Ignorance of Law is also a crime.

Praveen Kumar (Intern Lawyer)     04 May 2017

Dear Mr.  D. J., 

You should obey the summon which you have received from the court. As per my opinion you should visit in the court along with your Challan Copy. Now its your wish to obey the summon or ignore the same. Ignorance of Law is also a crime.

dj123   04 May 2017

Sir I have not received any summon. But the police is calling me and asking me to come to court. And they are saying come early we have to make your papers. As they not have any document of mine. They r saying u r on bail and but I have challenge of 2750 rs. But no document of mine what so ever and calling me 3-4 times a day to come . Place suggest I m very confused as a police men in connected to the case has told me .. if no document provided then no need to go .. n no summon from court only police calling me again n again.

Avik Sarkar (advocate)     10 May 2017

You must go to the court. Plead guilty before the judge. You've paid the fine of 2000rs to cops already. Most likely your license will be suspended for 2 months. Did this happen in Mumbai by anychance ?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 May 2017

With the amount of information given here by you, it is not possible to say anything.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register