LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GONDALIYA   20 March 2017

Can i file for divorce ?

My marriage life is only 2 months . At 17/11/2013 i married with my wife .At 25/1/2014 my wife went to his house and refuse to come back.he has demand new big house to buy and live seperetely. But i was in fincially crisis,so i was not able to buy new house to full fill she's wishes.So she filed case under  Domestic Violence Act  12,18,19(8) , 20,22,23. ,I also fight in court .more over it was not enough she IPC  498(A) 323,504,506,(2),114. SINCE TWO YEAR I WAS SUFFERING MENTAL TORTURE FROM MY WIFE .SO PLEASE GUIDE ME CAN I FILE DIVORCE IN MY DISTRICT ?

Learning

2 Replies

Kamal Dixit (Lawyer in Thane District Court Mumbai Thane)     20 March 2017

Yes,You can file Divorce in your district any time.

Sachin (N.A)     20 March 2017

Originally posted by : GONDALIYA
My marriage life is only 2 months . At 17/11/2013 i married with my wife .At 25/1/2014 my wife went to his house and refuse to come back.he has demand new big house to buy and live seperetely. But i was in fincially crisis,so i was not able to buy new house to full fill she's wishes.So she filed case under  Domestic Violence Act  12,18,19(8) , 20,22,23. ,I also fight in court .more over it was not enough she IPC  498(A) 323,504,506,(2),114. SINCE TWO YEAR I WAS SUFFERING MENTAL TORTURE FROM MY WIFE .SO PLEASE GUIDE ME CAN I FILE DIVORCE IN MY DISTRICT ?

No doubt you can file divorce but filing divorce and winning the case are two diffrent things.

If you have proof of her curelty then you should go for divorce, else starting a new case will give you more headache. Try to finish DV case speedly, if you won the judgement of your aquittal will become evidence in your favour in divorce case.

Meanwhile try to get her convince for mutual divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register