Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

advyogeshpatil   13 March 2017

Proof of delivery

Dear Sir,

I had sent a demand notice for claiming amount of a dishonoured cheque by registered post. However I didnot received any acknowledgement or the article posted.

on inquiring online I came to know from Postal track Report that the article was delivered. I took the printout of the said track report and submited in the court.

Now my query is whether the "Postal Track Report" taken from the official website of Postal department is admissible in evidence without certificate U/sec 65B Evidence Act.

Waiting for your valuable and kind guidence.

Learning

5 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     13 March 2017

Though it is  enough, delivery report from  from post office would be safe.

(Guest)

You might have heard of "Acknalejement du."  that court will accept, rest other forms of evidence have not been updated under 65b of evidence act.  You catch hold of that postman or write to supertintendent of posts and take letter from him that the packet has been delivered or you ask him to get you the acknowledgement due, he will get it.  For this you can directly go to sorting office and ask.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     14 March 2017

Sir, The registered postal receipt showing the correct address is valid proof, under the evidence act, of having posted the letter. You can get a delivery acknowledgement from the post office. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 March 2017

Proper way is filing a complaint of non delivery, showing the tracking on screen report and getting the official certified copy of postal record confirming the delivery.  This procedure is proper and can not be objected by any Court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 March 2017

Apply (under proper acknowledgment) to sub postmaster for delivery report (without fee).

Apply for certified copy of run sheet ofd postman (Rs.10/- were charged).

Apply under RTI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register