Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rubel Aranha (clerical)     26 February 2017

Cheated by daughter in law

Good Day everyone,
I am Rubel Aranha from Maharashtra, Nagpur. My Aunt is a senior citizen, Mary Mariam George, she lost her husband in her young days and adopted a male  child through Legal procedure.

She got a job in place of her husband in  milk dairy. She purchased  a flat from her colleague and with mutual understanding signed on stamp paper. She was given authority to stay in that flat and was paying all dues of the same . She stayed in the flat for almost 40 years.  Her adopted son was well grown up by now and was in Bombay for work purposes, he came across a Hindu girl and they got married. Letter she converted herself to he Christian Faith.

Years later, the daughter in-law (Wife of the son, who converted to Christianity) gained the mother in-law's (My Aunt's) trust and one day she said that she wants to make a passport and wanted mother-in-law (my Aunt) to be witness. 

My Aunty trusted her and signed some document. 3 years later my Aunt was shocked to her life, her own daughter in law cheated her by transferring my Aunt's flat in her own name! The daughter-in-law took 15 lakh from a private financier and kept the flat as mortgage.

Some weeks later, the men came and threw all our belongings out of the flat &   kept her away from her own flat . We went to police but no action  has been taken  kindly suggest  what can be done here.
Thanks in advance.

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 February 2017

You have posted that:

“She purchased  a flat from her colleague and with mutual understanding signed on stamp paper. She was given authority to stay in that flat and was paying all dues of the same . She stayed in the flat for almost 40 years.” 

Whether such document confers ownership/title on your aunt is a question mark?

If your aunt was not owner/title holder then she cannot sell/transfer.

If she can’t then how can another person be made owner/title holder by her, is a question mark?

Even if owner how can a person throws the belongings out?

“adopted a male  child through Legal procedure.

Whether the adoption was legal/valid is a question mark?”

“he came across a Hindu girl and they got married. Letter she converted herself to he Christian Faith.

Whether such marriage is valid?

In any case if daughter in law was never made owner then she might at the most be a party to an illegal act that is being pointed by you.

You may preferably get all such documents examined by a local counsel specializing in civil matters.

This is just a suggestion!

(Guest)

You have to approach court of Law. File a private complaint citing the above.  No use breaking head about this.  Cheaters are cheaters because they are just cheaters.  Such shame the son (adopted) did not do anything about it.  If possible speak to the son, ask him to ask his wife to clear loans and get rid of the goons. 

1 Like

Rubel Aranha (clerical)     26 February 2017

Cheated by daughter in law 

I am from Maharashtra and I need your advice on

Tks for your replies . i forgot to add few more points here are ;As per financier daughter in law has sold the flat . I would really appreciate your help on this matter

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 February 2017

Madam, Do not waste any time, consult a lawyer and immediately commence civil and criminal proceedings in the matter. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 February 2017

Mother and DIL can sell: If and Only If: they are owners.

If they are not owner/title holder they cannot sell.

The Financer has already taken possession by force.

Consult local counsel with all docs and inputs ASAP.

Rubel Aranha (clerical)     08 March 2017

deleted

Rubel Aranha   10 July 2018

My friend are 6 sister and 4 brother , 3brother and 1 sister no dividetion was made by father after father expired elder brother changed father name document to his name now widow of elder brother ( wife ) claiming full wight . What is the suggestion how other brother ,sister's can get there right's and benifit and how  and where can get the document's  from? 

Experts please give give your opinion.Thank's in advance. 

Good day everyone, 
My friend are 6 sister and 4 brother , 3brother and 1 sister no dividetion was made by father after father expired elder brother changed father name document to his name now widow of elder brother ( wife ) claiming full wight . What is the suggestion how other brother ,sister's can get there right's and benifit and how  and where can get the document's  from? 

Good day everyone, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register