Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh   25 February 2017

Surcharge bill not added to the main bill

Dear Sir,

Today I went to purchase some computer peripherals from my nearest Computer shop, when I told them I will be using my Credit Card for transaction the billing guy told it will add 2% of charge to the bill, before that I had observed the same thing happned with many other customer, but it was noral till I saw the bill which did not included the 2% charge for the billed amount. When asked to add the 2% charge they simply told it will be charged by bank to us and the same will be charged to you for which we will not bill in your invoice. I got fuss and I told this will be serious, I will go to consumer court but they told you can go to court also and they finally did not added the 2% charge on the bill. 
I want to know if I can file a case against them as I have the bill with me. The amount on my CC is inclusive of 2% charge which is not there in invoice.

Plrease help me to fight against them, they are making many people fools, most of the customer just pay the bill. I don't want this to happen to other customer and make the Shop owner a lesson to learn.

HELP PLZ..crying

Regards
Ganesh

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 February 2017

Lodge complaint under proper acknowledgment with both:

-CC company that has issued CC to you.

-Bank/company whose swipe machine was used to swipe the card. Its name should be on the charge slip.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     25 February 2017

BEFORE TAKING ACTION SEEK CLARIFICATION FROM THE BANK OR SALES TAX OFFICIALS

Ganesh   25 February 2017

Thanks a lot for both of you Sir Suri.Sravan Kumar and Sir Kumar Doab. Following to your answer Im attaching the invoice and CC bill here.Where in invoice bill is Rs- 1630.00 bill the actual transaction done using CC is Rs1662.00.

I have a question for Sir Kumar Doab how can i proceed with the complaint, will I be able to claim any amount on this?? If yes how?

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 43 times
  • Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 February 2017

The regulator RBI has issued extent guidelines for such charges and action to be taken by CC company/company-Bank that has installed the machine.

The charges are shared between; vendor/CC company/ company-Bank that has installed the machine/Payment gateway e.g; VISA….

There are also Customer Support Officers in many banks.

Lodge complaint under proper acknowledgment with both:

-CC Company that has issued CC to you.

-Bank/company whose swipe machine was used to swipe the card. Its name should be on the charge slip.

You can also approach CEPD: RBI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register