Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riddhi Thakkar   13 January 2017

Non occupancy in a pagdi room in mumbai

Dear All,

We are currently residing in a padgi room in south Mumbai and we have two such rooms there. My grandfather had verbally said that i would give one room each to both sons. However, only my father has been staying in those two rooms since last 20 years and maintaining them upto the mark. My father's brother stays elsewhere in the suburbs of Mumbai since 20 years, but has all his documents purposely in this room's address, like Ration Card, Passport etc. 

Now he is scaring my father every now and then that he will come anytime and would want to sell the other room, which my grandfather had verbally said to be his. My father is a heart patient and I fear for his health.

Please suggest how can we stop him from forcefully obtaining possession of the other room and what are our legal rights in this case.

Timely help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Riddhi Thakkar

Learning

1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     14 January 2017

Sir, In pagdi system of rented premises, you are only a tenant and do not have a right to sell it, neither can your uncle sell it. Your father and your uncle are deemed tenants. Your uncle can come and stay in the premises if he so wishes, however he can not stake any outright claim on any part of the premises. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register