Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun   10 January 2017

Request to bring passport officer to court (for family case)

Two ladies claim as they are a legally wedded wife of one man. (One of the ladies is my relative). Husband has a passport which has my relative as his wife. Hence, i wish to invite the regional passport officer as a court evidence to produce the passport application of the husband to prove that the central government document has the legally wedded wife status. Also it proves her case stronger that her husband (a post graduate) had earlier declared in a Indian ministry document her as his legal wife.. 
Will the passport officer will appear if summoned / court letter sent?? Is there any restrictions that they wont appear..

Any such cases (related to marriage / family) of your experience may help us to proceed further to keep our point clear & win the case.. 

Thanks to all of the great & helping lawyers who are supporting the common people seeking legal support...

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     10 January 2017

Why you want the passport officer to appear before the court?

If the authentication of the passport is not in question, the passport itself is an evidence. But it can be a supporting evidence, it cannot be a proof of marriage.

The passport officer shall not appear in this case. you can try getting the copy of the documents submitted by the opp party at the time of applying for the passport and submit those in the court.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     12 January 2017

You file RTI application and get the certified copy of the document which you want to prove.  That you place on record.  At the time of evidence summon the passport office to prove that document.  It is a permissible way to prove documents.  As said, it is not conclusive proof of marriage, but strengthens the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register