LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhushan   09 January 2017

UPSC TO PSU

Respected lawyers and members, Please read on. Myself bhushan, working as class '1' gazetted officer in a central government organisation since 1 year, selected via upsc exams. Currently i am under probation of 3-3.5 years and have submitted bond of 7 lacs at the time of joining. I shall not mention why i want to switch as that would be another paragraph depicting my frustration. I am planning to write GATE 2017 exam to be held on 4th February, 2017. My questions are: 1. What formalities needs to be fulfilled with the office before appearing in this exam, assuming a hostile office and department. 2. If i get good rank than PSUs will call for an interview based on the GATE rank for which I may need an NOC (from a hostile office). What should be done at that time. Any help would be great. Nine nine three three nine four nine three two seven. Looking forward to your reply. Best regards Bhushan

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 January 2017

Please search your Service conditions applicable to Class 1 Gazetted officers in Central Government.  As far as writing GATE 2017 is concerned, there may not be objection, but proper NOC is mandatory as per Service conditions.

Bhushan   10 January 2017

Sir, Thank you so much for your kind response. As you might have guessed my post that I am bit of a noob when it comes to things other than academics. Having said that, I am ashamed to admit that i don't know which service conditions you're referring me to?! As far as I know, (I may be proved wrong in thes future) I only need to intimate my office in writing that I'd appear in GATE 2017. If later on I get a call for the interview (based on my rank) than only I shall require an NOC as per the PSU's (In my case, ONGC) guidelines. Now at that time the dept. May come up with all type of NO(s) with numerous reasons as my organisation is quite hostile and frequently gives "in public interest" reason for not releasing an NOC. Please guide me through, sir. Many thanks Bhushan

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 January 2017

"

1. What formalities needs to be fulfilled with the office before appearing in this exam, assuming a hostile office and department."

Not mere intimation.

You need written persmssion of the deptt without which the qualification will not be allowed to be enetered, no application willfor forwarded and disciplinary action (which will be hurdle for clearing probation) can be initiated.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2017

You can benefit from the advise of Mr. G.L.N. Prasad, Mr.Sudhir Kumar.

You may also refer to the T&C in Bond.

(Guest)

Dear Mr. Bhushan,

If you don't mind, the following four elements makes your descripttion some what unbelievable:

1) Class '1' gazetted officer, as the classification stands changed for about three decades back and every Class-I Officer knows the revised classification of post:

2) The probation period you mentioned, as 3-3.5 years, seems to be quite wrong, as even extended probation is not likely to go to that much period;.

3) You submitted a bond of 7 lacs at the time of joining is also not understood, as I have not so far heard about any bond desirable from any direct recruit for class-I post, if made through UPSC ; and

4) You don't know which service conditions, as the probationers are duly given training through lessons on sevice conditions with reference to the CCS (Conduct) Rules during regular theoretcial classes during induction training programs, added with practical field training on the modules of training, for at least two years during probation period of a new recruit.

So, would you kindly clarify for which post of which department with bond of Rs. 7 lakhs and such a lengthy period of probation you have been recruited?

However, if you feel any hitch to inform openly through this forum, you may send details through personal email at sssfi2016& gmail.com

On receipt of your satisfactory clarification, I may like to guide you appropriately. In fact, if already applied, you have already committed a misconduct for not informing the competent authority.

However, in the mean time to some safe side, if already applied for the said exam on or before the due date for submission of online application, which is already gone 2 months back, you must inform the cadre controlling authority formally through an application about your intention to appear in the GATE 2017 without loss of any more time, as it is already very late on your part.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register