LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jay   09 January 2017

Pf/esic liability on principle Employer

Hello there! I want to inquire regarding PF/ESIC liability. I've many contractors, some are working in my premise. I know that the liability of the contractors working in my premises comes under my factory, but I wanted to know what about the contractors working in their own premises. Please share information or article regarding this law. Hopeful:-)

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 January 2017

In case of default you are equally responsible.  Even if contractors vanish in future after making evasion you  can be made to pay the dues of PF and ESI and under othr labour laws.

So Beware.

1 Like

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     11 January 2017

If the contractor does not pay the statutory dues, then the principle employer has to pay.There is no way the statutory dues could be evade. However, if the statutory dues are paid by the principle employer, then it has the right to recover the same from the contractor.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 January 2017

Agreeing with Mr. Sudhir Kumar , Mr. Ritesh Maity................

The contractors working in their own premises and your premises may be working as independent entity and having overall control on their employees.

Let them also have control room in your premise.

In that case as independent entitiy and having ultimate control over the establishment, contractors may be responsible for payment of PF to its own employees.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register