LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya   06 January 2017

Tamil Nadu intercaste marriage benefits query

Hi, I am a Christian girl frm BC (Adi Dravidar) and my husband belongs to Hindu religion SC (Adi Dravidar) we both got married on Jan 2016 under TN sepcial marriage catogery. Community wise i am belong to BC and my husband belongs to SC but both our caste are same only religion varies... Can we apply for intercaster marriage certificate ? Kindly advice me....

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 January 2017

Just call on Social Welfare dept personally, with photo identiies and marriage certificate and file application.  If you are eligible they will pay the amount or return the application quoting such reasons for rejection.  (In your case as castes are the same you are not entitled for benefit, but make a try, as there is no financial loss to you in filing application.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 January 2017

since you both belong to the same caste you cant claim any benefits from the government

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 January 2017

Once you are a Christian, it cannot be the case that you belong to any particular caste. Christianity do not recognise any caste.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 January 2017

Yours is an inter-religious marriage which is also like an inter-caste marriage. You can certainly try. Your success would depend on the prejudices of the person/authority deciding just as it is here. If you are not successful you can go to court. Are you claiming inter-caste marriage benefits or benefits of reservation for lower castes? The criteria for the two are different.

Priya   08 January 2017

To avail those claim or benefits against intercaste marriage I need a ICM marriage certificate, I just applied to the thaslidar office but it is getting relay. Hence got this query that's the reason I have posted this query in this forum to get some idea in this regards.... Thanks for your suggestion...

Priya   08 January 2017

To avail those claim or benefits against intercaste marriage I need a ICM marriage certificate, I just applied to the thaslidar office but it is getting relay. Hence got this query that's the reason I have posted this query in this forum to get some idea in this regards.... Thanks for your suggestion...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register