LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A K THAKUR (Doctor)     22 November 2016

Home loan

I have got a home topup loan from sbi in Aug 2016, documentation has been done, due to some personal reasons I want my loan to be disbursed after six months from now , when I approached racpc sbi Patna reg this they refused it and said they can not delay it for six months, my query is what the max time limit by which home topup loan disbursement can be delayed, as I have already spent rs 25000 for processing and documentation, I wan to avail this loan after some time, ? Is it possible, ? Guide me. Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     22 November 2016

iT IA NOT POSIBLE TO DELAY YOUR HOME LOAN DISBURSEMENT ON SELF REQUEST FOR 6 MONTHS.iT IS  BANKS  PROROGATIVE ONLY.ONCE IT IS SANCTIONED IT HAS TO BE DSBURSED. UNDER THE FOLLOWING 5 REASONS BaNKS CAN  WITHHOLD DISBURSAL OF HOME LOAN TO THEIR LOANEE CUSTOMERS.Beyond these limited 5 reasons loans once sanctioned cannot be withheld, rejected etc by the bank.

1. 5 reasons lenders can withhold loan disbursement after sanctioning.If you appreciate  this answer please convey my forum thanks by clicking thanks.

5 reasons lenders can withhold loan disbursement after sanctioning

While a loan sanction letter is a significant milestone, it is by no means the final word on loan disbursement

By: Adhil Shetty | Published: December 15, 2015 12:02 AM
 0  0 G+0  0

It is a commonly held belief that once a home loan has been sanctioned, the borrower is home and dry in terms of securing funding for this property purchase. But do you know that the bank can withhold your loan disbursement, reduce the sanctioned amount, or sometimes even reject it totally in the post-sanction phase?

In such situations, many loan applicants feel embittered as they believe that a loan sanction letter concludes the loan application process successfully. While a loan sanction letter is a significant milestone, it is by no means the final word on loan disbursement.

Here are the top five reasons why banks may withhold or cancel your home loan after issuing the sanction letter.

Low technical value of your property: You may assume that the price of your property is final by comparing it with the price of a nearby property or by the amount the builder or seller quotes. However, banks are not bound by these rates or quotes. They have their in-house team of experts who do their own property valuation based on various factors like age of the building, the quality of construction, market value, locality, accessibility to the plot, etc, to come to a final value.

Sometimes, banks conclude that the total valuation of the property is lower than the amount sanctioned by them. In such a scenario, they have no option but to either reduce the sanctioned amount or withhold the loan disbursement.

Legal dispute concerning the property documents: Banks offer loans to properties with a clean legal title. Sometimes, if the bank realizes after sanctioning that the property has a pending legal dispute or a legal attachment to it, that can be a reason for loan rejection.

The bank’s legal team traces all associated documents of your property in detail. If your property is found to have any legal issues or complications like a minor right, stake of other financial institutions, heirs missing, etc., associated with the title deed or with its prior title deeds, they are likely to reject the loan or hold it.

Late negative field investigation report: Banks do a physical background check on every loan applicant. This includes checking your personal and professional details and it is often carried out by professional external agencies.

Sometimes, the field investigation report reaches the bank late, after the loan sanction letter has been issued.

So, if the bank finds out that the field investigation report for you is negative due to any reason, they have all rights to cancel the loan. To avoid such a situation, make sure that you apply for a loan with all the right details and without hiding any financial or personal obligations as sought by the bank.

Processing fee cheque bounce: Processing fee is an important component for your home loan and is usually paid through cheque. Banks charge between 0.5 and 1% of the loan amount as processing fee on an average. Processing fee charges are not refunded even if your loan gets rejected.

But sometimes, the fee cheque goes for collection after loan sanctioning. If your processing fee cheque bounces for any reason, your loan stands a high chance of being rejected.

This is because loses their confidence in you as a trustworthy borrower for future repayments. So, plan the payment for processing fee charges and ensure that your savings account has sufficient balance.

Buying property from a non-approved builder: The builder involved in your property purchase also plays a significant place for your loan approval.

If the bank finds out that the builder is either blacklisted or non-approved with the bank, the bank can withhold your loan disbursement. Always check the credibility of the builder before you apply for a home loan . Home loans may have become simpler and easier to get, but do not always rely on your loan sanction letter. Ensure you take the above precautions so that loan disbursements are smooth and timely.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 November 2016

If it is a public sector Bank, you can seek simple one sentence information and extract of such circular by writing simple letter with your full address and with postal order for Rs.10/- fvg.the Bank.  You can seek the information through regd letter  also as a customer/consumer under CP Act.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me information with copy of the extract of such circular by the bank that states the maximum time that borrower can avail a topup home loan disbursement  after sanction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register