LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Giridhar   15 October 2016

Credit card settlement

I have a credit card balance to be paid to SBI. They were telling that around Rs.33,000/- is due from me which is with interest. The last payment was in 2009. They were telling that if I pay the full amount they can provide a letter for CIBIL clearance. When I asked them for settlement they figured out to Rs.16,000/-. As per me it should be around Rs.12,000/- and presently I am not able to even pay that much amount. My question is : 1) If I pay the Rs.12,000/- which was actual used by me, can I insist for letter of CIBIL clearance. 2) After settlement of credit card can I address the CIBIL directly about my negative ranking to be removed. Kindly let me know is there any other procedure where I can get help regarding CIBIL negative removing.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     15 October 2016

Only on payment of entire dues you can get civil clearance otherwise, it will be difficult for you for next seven years

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 October 2016

Deliquency that has been reported can only be updated by member CC company/bank.

Settlement is adverse entry.

If you have not admitted the debt since 2009 then it is barred by time.

Take up the matter properly.

Giridhar   15 October 2016

Sir,

Thank you for replying to my query.

Can you please elaborate me on

If you have not admitted the debt since 2009 then it is barred by time.

Take up the matter properly.

I am unable to get clear on the above lines.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 October 2016

Recovery of debt may be time barred and may not be enforceable, if there is  no admission by borrower in CC cases.

However the CC company may keep your name in list of defaulters.

Prefer to proceed thru a very able counsel specializing in such/consumer/banking matters.

sai narayana   16 October 2016

Better bargain with bank rather than with lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register