Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alee Ahmed (Business)     16 August 2016

Dispossession from property due to inter caste marriage

Dear Sirs,

I seek your kind advice on the matter of "Dispossession from patrimonial property & business" due to inter-caste marriage. I'm 32 years old male from Moradabad, Utter Pradesh.

I've been facing mental harassment from year 2000-2001 by my family after they got to know my affection towards a girl (now my wife) who belongs from scheduled-caste. My father discontinued my education after 10+2... and from any financial source since then. From the year 2001 they kept promising to finance some business that never happened. Their actual intentions, which I now realize, were to financially disable me to prevent me establish and get married.

By the year 2013, my father agreed for marriage but said that he had the house to re-construct and I've to arrange a rented apartment. On another fake promise to call me back when he's done re-constructing the house. Though there was plenty of constructed space in the house.

Now the house is re-constructed and he's arranging marriage of my younger brother... He rejected my request to live in patrimonial property saying that the house is constructed for one family only and he will arrange to buy me another home. And give this entire patrimonial business and property (approx. 400 sq. ft.) to my younger brother.

Today, I've a family and about 30 months old daughter... I can not donate my entire daad-elahi assets to my brother and spend my life surviving for food and keep my children on rent.

Please advice by which legal means I can claim my rights. Also which legal bodies to contact. I don't want to take any stupid steps because they've plenty of money compared to me, have good contacts with local police and politicians. I feel it good to complete all preparations because any small step may cause many serious problems to me.

Hope you'll guide me the right way. Thank you very much!

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 August 2016

If the property as stated by you is ancestral (dad elahi), you are entitled for a proportionate share.  You have to take a decision by coinsulting advocate.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 August 2016

you can claim share only from the ancestral property of your father and similiarily if he is doing any buisness utilising the profits he got through ancestral property you can also claim share from it

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2016

From your name it is believed that you are muslim.

Relate the matter with personal law that applies in your case/sect.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register