Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seno singh (freelancer)     25 July 2016

Registered post contents - if the receiver denies the receip

Hello Experts,

I have found myself in two situations where i had sent a written reply to letters from a lawyers office wanting for an amicable settlement. I do not want to take matters to the court as this will prolong the issue and wish to settle this within ourselves.. The question is,

1. Even though i have a copy of the letter and acknowledgement for sending out the letter via registered post, is there a chance the receiver can say "The contents of the letter he received is not the same as what i(sender) has" ?

2. What happens if removes one page from the bunch of pages that i have sent and says that this is what he received ? Also I

Need your opinions on, What are the procedures that i had to make sure when sending such replies so that the scenarios mentioned above can be avoided ?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 July 2016

Sign on each page.

Send scanned copies by email.

Mention redg. Post number.

Download tracking report from IndiaPost website/obtain POD from PO.

JustAdvisor (IT)     25 July 2016

do all of the above as advised. nevertheless it is not so easy for him to replace a page. forensic science can come to your rescue - that paper will not match with rest of papers, printing style will not match, context will not match, etc. once fraud is proven the OP is in trouble.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 July 2016

I do agree with Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register