Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ialsoexisit (university)     06 June 2016

Marital monetory dispute

Dear Sir,

I have conflict with wife has has in my marital  and money issue. 9 years of unhappy marriage, dominant, control freek wife, does not fulfill wife's role as a house wife, no children, she is abusive, wants full money control, intimidating, insulting, i have voice records, e-mails etc.

After several conflicts, verbal altercations, over infertlity, pressure from her to earn more money, change jobs as her insistence etc. I had opened up all my frustrations, had big argument with her in her home. then started about money that she will not give me penny if do not abey her becoz all money is in her name. She became intimidating, sending e-mails to my work place, indian high commission, colleagues about the family problems between us.

i signed and sent documents to india through her for a joint account but she opened an NRE  account in her sole name,  she betrayed my trust to manipulate account as i was working in MALAYSIA (she is sole account holder). I was sending money from my Malaysia bank to NRE account thinking it was joint account.

The money worth up to 90 lacks has been freezed by the bank on my questioning the bank, saying she is not eligible singly to have NRE account and me sending a stop transaction legal notice.

Three mediation efforts by family counselling centre have failed, she is threatening to file DV, 498 case against me, n my family.

Do I have sufficient grounds for divorce i.e. for contested, becoz she is against.

Thank you in advance

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     06 June 2016

Try to solve matter amicably by another medication round it may possible to resolve the issue.

Born Fighter (xxx)     08 June 2016

yes you have sufficient ground for divorce. But this pot of money i.e 90L is the money she will aim for and its concrete evidence for her to claim hefty maintenance/alimony. Your wife is not only a cheater but does not deserve single penny of ur hard earned money. But sad state is if you contest case it will drag for min 6-8yrs , on top of it you are not in india which will delay the matter further.

You first file a criminal case against her for cheating you and the bank. Im unable to understand how did she open NRE account when she is in india n without using your credentials.

Better throw money on her face and take divorce. She will repent and pay price for her sins. Dont waste time on such fraudsters, Money lost can be earned back ................Move on !!

(Guest)
Best one is give money and take diverse then marry another girl

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 June 2016

You can go ahead with your proposal to file a divorce case on the ground of mental cruelty and can plead all the circumstances which lead to an irrevocable mental cruelty. The situation if is beyond the control then you may solve the issue by mutual consent if she agrees for it or else file divorce and get ready for retaliatory actions through 498a, DV etc by her. She certainly would take a revenge on you by deploying the legal terrorism hence better take precautionary measures on that count too.  If she resorts to lodge police complaint, first get enlarged on anticipatory bail and then challenge her false cases in the trial court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register