Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

honest   18 March 2016

Does the ab takes more than 3 days in sessions court?

Hi,

We have applied for anticipatory bail in Sessions Court on 16th Wednesday. on 17th Lawyer said it will come for hearing on 18th. Today (18th) he is saying it will come for hearing on 21st Monday and he said CI is calling for settlement.

I already know police, opposition party, and our lawyer  arer all in talks. 

We are poor agriculture family background. We could not feed all these people. Discussions with CI were already happened. We said no for their demands. 

Now said no for useless discussions.

Does the Anticipatory bail process really take 6 days?

I am guessing Police will arrest in the weekend as they are in fix.

Learning

6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 March 2016

It will be much better if you approached to high court for your AB, generally session court rejects the AB, then you have to move to the hc .

honest   18 March 2016

Thanks for the suggestion. I was not aware that we can directly go to the High Court for AB. 

So can I apply for AB is pending (if the lawyer is saying correct) in session court?

Sidharth   16 April 2016

Dear Quriest,

AB can take long time in any court whether sessions or high court. There is no time limit. You should try to get interim bail on very first hearing. I'm not getting whether your first hearing has passed or not . If passed upload the order sheet here. If not shift to some other address till you get interim order.

honest   17 April 2016

It is been a month now. Lawyer is just saying "we are waiting for it". He is not providing any details. 

Sidharth   17 April 2016

Kindly upload last order sheet.

Sidharth   17 April 2016

You may download the order sheet from court website. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register