Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash Pandey   11 March 2016

Undated cheque

Dear Sir

I have taken house on rent and given 02 security cheques out of which one undated Owner has encash the one cheque and other was unpaid. When I informed the owner that I am vacating your house and requested to adjust my security cheque already paid against the final rent for Feb'16 (rent cycle is 11th - 10th) of every month. My all dues till Jan'16 was clear and every month I have paid thru cheque the final payment of Feb'16 I did not made and asked him to adjust against my security deposit and requested him to return my undated cheque which she replied that it is lost and asked me to stop the payment, accordingly I have informed bank to stop the cheque against Lost.

Now she has neither returned my security deposit neither she has adjusted SD more to it she has placed the lost cheque before bank which got bounced.

Her only due is one month Rent for which already she had security deposit as of now their is no dues if she adjust the security.

Can any one help me and advice me what should I do.

Avinash

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 March 2016

File a theft case against her for stealing the cheque from you and presenting it in the bank.file a recovery suit on her to recover the advance amount.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 March 2016

I presume that U did not have any kind of differences with the landlady.But still she has presented  the cheque for encashment,illustrates her ill intentions of creating problems to U.Better meet and settle the matter amicably without legal hurdles.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register