LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Benaifer Karkaria   05 March 2016

Snapdeal has cheated me

I ordered a toaster from Snapdeal and wasn't satisfied with the size. I called the customer care to check if the toaster can be returned. The executive told me that I can surely return it as I'm not happy with the size and guided me on the steps to follow to return it. I followed his instructions and logged a request to return. Also, since the executive had said that I can surely return, I placed an order for a bigger toaster from another website. But, within 48 hours, I received an e-mail from Snapdeal that my return request is cancelled as electronic items cannot be returned under the Snapdeal returns policy. I was confused and called the customer care again and this time, an executive told me that I should have read the return policy before buying the product. When I told her that the product detail page didn't mention anywhere that the product cannot be returned, she didn't have an answer and kept insisting that they cannot accept the product back. I raised this with Snapdeal's Facebook team as well and they called me the next day, apologising for the wrong information given by the first executive and very rudely telling me that NO WAY will they accept the product back no matter whose mistake it is. Now I have received the toaster from the other website too and have suffered a loss of two toasters because of misleading information given to me by Snapdeal's first customer care executive. What can I do now?

Learning

2 Replies

Reynold O Connor   06 March 2016

Caveat emptor , consumer be aware........ ... Well anyways its an obligation on snapdeal to replace d product .... Anyways consult a lawyer n file a suit against them in The Consumer court, ... Dnt worry ull get justice...

Reynold O Connor   06 March 2016

Caveat emptor , consumer be aware........ ... Well anyways its an obligation on snapdeal to replace d product .... Anyways consult a lawyer n file a suit against them in The Consumer court, ... Dnt worry ull get justice...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register