LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Ancestral property rights

Can wife claim ancestral property in my fathers name during divorce, No children involved, our marriage was against my parents wishes, they did try to put up with her after our marriage happened, which took place overseas.

I dont care about property in my name, she can have half of it, i just want to ensure my parents are not harrassed, as they have never interfered and kept their distance.

Also there was no dowry or exchange of gifts, all she has now is what i have provided since our marriage.

please advice

Learning

6 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     26 February 2016

Sir,

No way she can claim the property in your parents name, even of the same is ansectral still she cannot claim .

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 February 2016

Wife cannot even claim in the property of the husband at the time of divorce unless she has her name jointly put in the title of the property, there is no question of her claim in the ancestral family property or the property of the father of her husband.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     26 February 2016

If you get contested decree of divorce, she would not get any property, forget about ancestal property

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     26 February 2016

If you get contested decree of divorce, she would not get any property, forget about ancestal property

Nagaraj Y   27 February 2016

sir please let me know , can the daughter of the wife claim the property of the late grand father in law (father of father in law).

(Guest)

thanks all for your input, really appreciate the assistance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register