LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

azure (self)     17 February 2016

Settlement

Hi Experts, I need assistance to understand the process.

Sorry if I sound Naive as i am unaware of many process.

In short, My marriage was annuled in 2013, the judgement or order was in my favour with additional comments (no wedding rituals performed, falsely registered marriage, plantiff (me) treated as servant abroad). This order was because, the defendant had admitted all the charges of cheating and  harasment. 

I filed a criminal case (cheating, harasment) in 2013 which was then contested in high court by defendant and interimly stayed by judge. 

Now the status of his plea to quash my criminal charges against him is adjourned. (Is this in my favour?)

The hearing is soon. My question is.

Since he has already admitted charges in family court, and judge order in my favour.. the criminal case will also be in favor? 

Also, will i have choice for out of court settlement with opposite party to claim damages. In out of court settlement is there a letter stating sum or amount transferred with apology so there is transparency ?

Any advice much Appretiated. 

Learning

4 Replies

Hi Renuka, I wish to know if i can claim damages in out of court settlement and will there be any future implications or possibilities for the opposite party to hit back at me

Hi Renuka, I wish to know if i can claim damages in out of court settlement and will there be any future implications or possibilities for the opposite party to hit back at me

Thanks Madam, Im not sure if i havnt been clear above.I have not filed for divorse. I filed 420 and other charges relating to harassment false dowry allegations .. Defamation ..etc. My guess is FIL may approach me for out of court.

Can you help me with drafting. If we do go for out of court that is.. Of courts with your consultation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register