Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

minal   10 February 2016

Housing society related queries

Hello,

Can u provide me with information about creation of housing societies.

Let me explain u the issue, we have our own row house which was built on our own plot. In our area there are total more than 250 plots, out of which only around 150 plots are built as row house or apartments.

Now the issue is CIDCO sold this area of these many plots to some ltd company and people like us have bought these plots from that company. In such scenario that company was taking care of that whole area like maintainance of streets, street lights, gardens, etc..

Later, that company got shut down, and now the question is who is going to take responsibility. So few plot members came together and created some ABC nirman sanstha. And asking remaining plot members to get part of this scociety.

I have some questions like,

1) Can such row houses create co-operative housing society.

2) If Yes do they get any nidhi or funds from any govt oraganisation

3) If we have to pay tax then whom should we need to pay?

4) How tha water bill work?

IMP to note:- we are not getting water bill regularly so we dont know about how to pay. But those so called society people are saying that they pays the bills. Sorry, but we have no idea from where they get the bill

5) Till now I m not the member of that society they are forcing us to be member? What if I dont want to?

6) If I m not the member of society then my water bill come individually to me? If yes how to get it?

7) If there is individual water bill concept then, then how those society members paying water bill on the name of society?

Kindly help me with these questions as soon as possible. I getting very confuse regarding becoming part of the society.

Thank you

Learning

1 Replies

Sydney Fernandes   07 May 2017

Our society was formed by the developer in 1998. Till date he has not given us the approved bldg. plans although the OC and complection certificate are given. The issue is that the top most flat now has an attatched open terrace. At the time of construction there was an enterance door from the staircase to that terrace measuring area of the flat below also measuring area of the attached flat. I suspect the developers intention was to have another flat and did not suceed so closed the same and attatched it to the side flat. The issue is, if it is legally private attatched open terrace  belonging to the flat member, is it taxable? Some of the society members are of the opinion that 1/3rd is the tax liability also since the occupant has half covered the top of the open terrace. Please clarify, Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register