LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Good Human (consultant)     08 February 2016

Senior citizen ill treated by air india express staff

Respected  Ld .Experts,I would like to bring to your kind attention the following incident:

My Mother,a senior citizen  ,Aged 80, who had booked her flight  on 06 Feb 2016 as following:

Air India Express Flt.No……       Trz- Dxb Departing 1 am

Fly Dubai  Flt.No.                         Dxb – Mct  Departing 07.50 am

She had the following documents:

1. Flight Tickets for both sectors

2. Copy of Valid visa ( Family Joining visa for two years (2 ))

3. My Passport copy

4. My credit card copy along with authorization letter

She came to trichy airport around 9.30 pm and showed the documents in order to obtain boarding pass.

The Air India express staff denied her a boarding pass and also said that  her she cannot travel because of the following reasons:

1. She is 80 years old.

2. She is traveling alone.

3. She does not have a return ticket.

4. She does not have a visa for UAE.

5. There is problem between Air India express and Flydubai ( Flydubai cannot take transit passengers )and there could be INR.100,000/- fine for Air india Express if she is allowed to travel.

(Note:Later I checked with Flydubai .They confirmed there was an issue one month back and they had sent notification to AI Express to allow passengers who are in transit , But Probably AI express are not up to date with the happenings and negligent about the notification.)

She trained to explain him the best that I will be meeting her in Dubai Airport and take her along to Muscat.

The staff was rude and told her to leave the airport immediately. Another staff joined him and even pushed and manhandled my aged mother out of the airport and told her to go back home.

My aged mother , 80 years of age, was sent out of the airport and standing alone outside airport  at 12 am Midnight of 06 Feb 2016 Saturday .

I was in dubai to meet her in the dubai airport and take her to Muscat along with me. When I called her whether everything was ok , I was devastated to know the situation and spoke to one staff ,tried to convince him with facts , but he told me that she cannot travel and she has to go back home.

After failing to convince him, I called my friend  to rush to the airport and check the well being of my mother. He went to the airport immediately and saw that my aged mother was made to stand outside the airport in the cold night .

He tried to speak to the staff and I was also connected by phone and I also spoke to the staff , but he was not willing to listen and refused to take her  inside the airport.

After so much of tension and torture, my friend had to take my mother home around 2 am.

After this manhandling incident and denial of entry and travel , my mother’s health became worse because of this trauma and still under shock.

We are praying for her recovery and good health in these tough times.

I would like to ask the following questions to the Air India Express Staff :

1. Where in the law says that a 80 year old person cannot travel alone?

2. Where in the law says that thetransit passenger should have a visa in the transit country ?

3. Where in the law says that the passenger who is travelling on a family joining residence visa for 2 years should have a return ticket?

4. Where in the law says that a passenger should suffer if there are issues between two airlines?

5. Where in the law says that airport staff decides on their own, without any basis , that the passenger cannot travel.

What  legal action is possible and kindly advise. Thank you in advance .

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register