LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lokesha Shivaramu (PM)     02 February 2016

Bbmp a khata for building with violations

I am a resident of an apartment complex, with building violations (having and additional floor and other violations). But, the builder has promised to get A Katha. Does, it means all the violations are regularized.  If A Khata is given by BBMP.

Learning

2 Replies

M.Chandra shekar (CE)     02 February 2016

A katha does not mean regularisation.

It is not possible to register and issue KATHA for such properties.  The property must be regularised under the AKRMA SAKRAMA, which is still being contested in the High Court of Karnataka, if the property falls within the ambit of the amendment, it means, the deviation is within the prescribed criteria or limit.

Even, if A katha is obtained, in case of any enquiry or scrutiny, if the misrepresentation of facts found out or detected, the KAHTA STANDS AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED.

Lokesha S (Engineer)     04 April 2016

I am facing similar issues.  My apartment is having building violations (top floor not approved).

Builder is asking for 20K to get A khata for all the residents.  All have agreed to pay 20K as incidental expenses to get A khata.  

Is this A khata legal, he has promised to show register entry and also to get PID number which can be verified by any of us.

We are paying 20K each, and the apartment is in Bangalore.  Some BBMP babu is getting hell lot money (if builder is speaking truth, then almost 10 lacs as bribe).

Please let me know, should I go forward and pay the fees (bribe being collected) or do I have any ground to oppose this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register