Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rituka shukla (service)     26 January 2016

Breach of trust after engagemnet is punishable offense?..

i am rituka,working in govt. firm ;was a engaged with a guy in month of june 2015 and marriage date fixed for 2016.After our engagement, i got transferred to Delhi keeping in view of marriage .on my transfer grounds my fiance also applied for delhi as he was govt employee not yet transferred(he was trying to come here for so many years). After i came here,he started arguing on illogical grounds,twice we met in Delhi,and when i shared my financial contribution in marriage arrangements, he started behaving abruptly and started messaging me abusing message like i will find better than you;your family will not shower crores on me;i did engagement in family pressure etc... and started pressurizing me to say everybody 'NO' for marriage, he mentally tortured me for two months,I was begging in front of him for discussions and settlements as it became now issue of prestige of my family, my image,as everybody at my office place knows him,he visited my office twice. But all my efforts was useless.He finally denied in front of my family insulted them giving the reason that my family interference too much in my life. we spent near about 7lacs on engagement ceremony, we received 5.30lacs approx after interference of society, we got our money,some expenses still left. this is marriage was complete arranged marriage, perused from groom's side,seems full case of dowry, as they came behind us on my job's ground,I earn better than him and my family financially stronger then them.(i have all evidences of abusive messages and recordings when he was shouting in public on me ,to say 'NO' for marriage)....I want to ask: 1.Calling off marriage on no logical reason is punishable or not? what is the punishment given? 2. punishment for Mental harassment? 3. Hampering integrity of a girl? punishment for that? 4. hampering integrity of a family? what is the punishment for that?

Learning

27 Replies

Sidharth   26 January 2016

Your case does not come under breach of trust. Don't think illogical

(Guest)

yea there is not much in the case but you can do this use section 73 and 74 of the indian contract act which not only include material losses but compensation for mental and moral suffering. There are many laws like harrasmnt  etc can work. If you really need to file criminal case go under section 415 of ipc its scope is very wide and one have to go throught the detail.

abusive messages is hit by section 66A of IT act.

IPC 415 will not cover this. 

It is matter of compatibility and not CRPC.

(Guest)

It's your thinking. I really cannot help just take a night and interpret section 415. CRPC???? can you  enlight me little more.....

I don't argue unnecessary. Do you have any judgement which proves your advice is legally right.

If yes,  then please post it here and help the quriest

If no, don't argue. 

Or you are saying it is first case of its typesmiley

(Guest)

What was you talking about crpc?

I frget to add article of constitution. can you help me yea it hits article of the constitution either. You need citations first interpret me the law what section 415 of ipc says according to you, our work is of arguments only. i will definitely give you what you want or you will get it by yourself lets c.  

SuperHero (Manager)     26 January 2016

Originally posted by : rituka shukla
i am rituka,working in govt. firm ;was a engaged with a guy in month of june 2015 and marriage date fixed for 2016.After our engagement, i got transferred to Delhi keeping in view of marriage .on my transfer grounds my fiance also applied for delhi as he was govt employee not yet transferred(he was trying to come here for so many years).

After i came here,he started arguing on illogical grounds,twice we met in Delhi,and when i shared my financial contribution in marriage arrangements, he started behaving abruptly and started messaging me abusing message like i will find better than you;your family will not shower crores on me;i did engagement in family pressure etc... and started pressurizing me to say everybody 'NO' for marriage, he mentally tortured me for two months,I was begging in front of him for discussions and settlements as it became now issue of prestige of my family, my image,as everybody at my office place knows him,he visited my office twice.
But all my efforts was useless.He finally denied in front of my family insulted them giving the reason that my family interference too much in my life.

we spent near about 7lacs on engagement ceremony, we received 5.30lacs approx after interference of society, we got our money,some expenses still left.

this is marriage was complete arranged marriage, perused from groom's side,seems full case of dowry, as they came behind us on my job's ground,I earn better than him and my family financially stronger then them.(i have all evidences of abusive messages and recordings when he was shouting in public on me ,to say 'NO' for marriage)....I want to ask:

1.Calling off marriage on no logical reason is punishable or not? what is the punishment given?

2. punishment for Mental harassment?

3. Hampering integrity of a girl? punishment for that?

4. hampering integrity of a family? what is the punishment for that?

There are people who Give Respect and Take Respect.

Yes the integrity of the Girl and Family are important and if you file defamation case on allegations and humiliation in Society...Then you need to roam courts too...

Thank God that you got saved from this kind of people.

There are marriages which was about to happen at the mandap has been broken.

It takes some time to forget all this. Think as it is a Bad Dreammmmm

rituka shukla (service)     27 January 2016

Here everybody is advising me to forget and don't break my head.but can anybody justify this, why these kind of (nalayak) people should not be punished???? these kind of mentally people are just left like this to roam around in society to ruin other's life??? I dont want my money,a punishment for defamation, moral values, abusing me,interity issues... advise me..which articles are applicable and punishment for that.I will be thankful to everybody here.

(Guest)

HI rituka,

Read my cmments it is the best and for further query you can inbox me i will say you how to fight this case.

thanks for the reply... one last question, can i go to women commission ? as i enquired from them they assured me to solve the case, n get him punished with in a month? or going there is full wastage of time, as i m also working can't make a rounds of court...

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Mrs. Renuka Chaudhury,

Originally posted by : rituka shukla

Here everybody is advising me to forget and don't break my head.but can anybody justify this, why these kind of (nalayak) people should not be punished???? these kind of mentally people are just left like this to roam around in society to ruin other's life???
I dont want my money,a punishment for defamation, moral values, abusing me,interity issues... advise me..which articles are applicable and punishment for that.I will be thankful to everybody here.

Hey Rituka,

There is a bigger plan of God for everybody, it is Gods way to get you out of trouble.  When God has done this, he will also teach proper lesson to these type of nalayak guys who play with girls life.

PRactical thing, court you go, you spend lot of years there, and your prospects of getting married will become loomy as all will say bina shaadi court kacheri ghoom rahi he, isse shaadi kiya toh jail bhejegi.  Defemation case nahi banta.

You can start bad mouthing this fellow in your community, do tom tom ki issne aisa kiya,  and defame him.

Trust me when I say this, court kacheri mein kuch nahi milta, sivaye insaaf ke sab kuch milta, dhakka mukka laat aur zindagi bar ke pareshaani.

Rest is up to you.  You can catch hold of some crooked lawyer talk to couple of them and file defamation case on this fellow and destroy your own life roaming in court halls.

I am lawyer and i really feel when people say kacheri mei kuch nahi milta.... why dont you say stand for your rights.. people really need to understand courts are not bias learned judges have to listen both the sides. If you go for study ek hi din mei to complete nahi ho jati... kindly jab hum hi insaf ke liye nahi ladenge to insaf kese milega... lawyers club india is free advise many people say me hamara case lelo i am new to lawyers cklub but not new to courts and laws.. 

M not arguing with you Mrs. renuka you are somewhere right ladki ka future kyu kharab karna hai but she has posted for advise and as a lawyer its our duty to let her know what are her rights and believe me m not taking any fees. and neither i did on lawyers club. its totally free... 

Thanks

exactly i want to know about my rights.I know its time taking process.But, in my views being a girl we should not leave this kind of people and move ahead.these kind of people and activities are not accepetable in indian society and he should realise these things are serious, to ruin somebody's image and punishable for him.otherwise no action on him, will encourage his these activities and will continue for forever. being responsible and literate person can i do something for this?? any reasonable or logical solution for this???

Sidharth   27 January 2016

Dear Rituka,

Going to women commission is of no use. They don't have any right to punish anyone. 

(Guest)

Oh come on! i am astonished after reading the comments by  advicers who are posting in lawyers club and giving advices. who are not even have studied law. its good to be philosphical. be practical in life. time has the value. not here putting comments kuch nahi ho sakta. Time se karo sab kuch ho sakta hai bat hai srf understanding ka.i thought this community might be of knowledgeble people but this is full of people who dont know a thing and giving advices as they are expert.

Lakh cases hai courts mei kitna decided hai. kitna speedy trial hai. kitna lok adalat hai. agar nahi hai samjh to logo ko galat advis dena kam se kam band kar sakte ho

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register