LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalit   26 January 2016

Claim on propertyof mother in law

Can any girl claim for her share in property which is in the name of her mother-in-law .
My bhabhi has sued my brother for dowery case and we want to know what type of claim on property she can made for her and on behalf of her 1 baby boy who is 1 year old..
My father has sold his ancesstral property and buy another property in the name of my mother 7 years ago before the marriage of my brother.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     26 January 2016

Girl can claim for her share out of the property which belongs to her husband alone.  If the property is solely belonging to the mother of husband, she cannot claim any share out of that property.   If the mother is in possession of some ancestral property, then husband has the share in that property and girl can claim her share out of the share which goes to the husband.

Nitin (marketting manager)     26 January 2016

Hello Deepak,

Just confused by the statement "husband has the share in that property and girl can claim her share out of the share which goes to the husband."

as the property is not self acquired by husband can a wife claim her share on ancestrol property of her husband??

i guess she cannot,but could be wrong,experts please advise.

Thanks,

Nitin

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register